Friday, January 2, 2009

To Utah or not to Utah?

I've been pondering the idea of taking a very short trip out to Utah for the Draper temple open house. Ruby has four day weekends for Martin Luther Kind Day and President's day. I think it would be nice to take the kids to it, but it's not exactly the best time of year to be traveling. Weather is a really big consideration. Plus, it'd be a REALLY short trip. Then there's the issue of who to stay with if I go.... I'd also either have to have Ruby skip school one day or else do a temple tour Monday morning and then head home right after. Of course, I'd still have Sunday available for visiting. The President's day weekend is the only weekend of the two I'm looking at that still has tour tickets available for Saturday and Monday. Of course Martin Luther King weekend is the first weekend of the open house, so it's no surprise that those are gone already. I'm still really debating what to do. Any comments or suggestions from the peanut gallery?

2 comments:

Alison said...

The roads have been pretty bad lately, but who knows what will happen by then. I'm always for a fun trip. Gas is pretty cheap and Ruby is only in Kindergarten. You can afford to have a little fun.

Sara said...

I personally would not make these trips because of the weather, traveling alone with kids, and that the trips are so short. I don't think I or my kids would survive that. hah hah
BUT, I have never driven to Utah alone with kids at all, and you have successfully. Albeit summertime and you got to stay for a couple weeks.
Just my two cents. You are braver than I even considering it!