Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Peanut Butter Recall

Just in case any of you haven't heard, there's been a recall of some peanut butter products used in food service and food production. I had heard that Keebler recalled their peanut butter crackers and stuff, but assumed that my Austin crackers were safe. Not so. I just got a call from Costco informing me that Austin crackers are also included in the recall. Apparently Keebler, Austin and Famous Amous are all subsidiaries of Kellogg's and are all included in the recall. And the FDA has confirmed that salmonella has been found in some Austin peanut butter crackers. Here's a link with more info. So, if you've got some of these crackers, throw them away. I'm wondering now if perhaps my kids' vomiting might not be related to the crackers. They have been eating them recently. But so have I and I'm okay. Hopefully it's just a run of the mill stomach virus.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Yep, I just tried to pick up Chris' favotire Clif Protein Bars that have PB in them at Target, and as I checked out the register prompted the clerk to not sell them as they are now on recall....I remembered hearing abou it on the news a couple weeks back but it was not on my mind today!

Sara said...

I got the costco call today about the Cliff Bars I bought. Chris is the only one that eats those, so I am hoping that since he has gone through half the box, that there is no danger.

Angeline said...

I called the doctor just to be on the safe side and now I get to collect stool samples from both of the kids. Fun, Fun! She thinks it's most likely a virus, though.

Alison said...

We had those crackers. Were they from any Costco? I guess it doesn't matter since the kids have already inhaled all of them.

Angeline said...

I'm pretty sure it was a national recall, because it was originally a recall of some peanut butter supplier for food manufacturers. We got the results back on the kids and they did not have salmonella, just a run of the mill stomach virus.