We've been adjusting to life at a new school. We transferred from a school that had a lot of really involved parents to one where they are desperate to get people to help. I guess my experience at Trace will be put to good use. I've already agreed to be the escrip coordinator for the school. Mainly because I know stuff about escrip. It's terribly underutilized at the moment. We're going to try to get people to sign up for it tomorrow at BTSN. I also volunteered for the School Site Council. They need two parents for it. There are three of us on the ballot. And I'm going to be helping out in Ruby's class for an hour every week while Russell is at preschool. And I'll be helping in Russell's preschool class twice a month. I have a feeling I'm going to be busy this year, especially since I'm now the secretary for our ward Relief Society, too. It's good, though. I definitely won't be bored.
Ruby had the stomach flu last week. Now it's Russell's turn. Cross your fingers that Charles and I don't get it.
Ruby's school sent home a fundraising packet today. Some of the stuff in it is pretty nice. One thing that I like is the option to purchase online and have things shipped directly to you. This was an option last year, too, and worked out very nicely. It lets relatives who don't live nearby participate in the fundraiser. One thing that I also thought was cool is that you can order stuff from them all year and still have the school get the credit. It's just that purchases only count for prizes for the kids during the fundraiser period. If any of you are interested in getting something for this and I didn't send you an email about it, drop me a line and I'll get you the link.
I replaced the flooring in our bathroom last week. It looks really nice. Of course now the baseboards look terrible next to it. Hopefully a nice coat of paint will take care of that. I used an awesome product called Allure. It's made by Trafficmaster. It's resilient vinyl flooring. It comes in planks with sticky edges that overlap on each other and it's waterproof. It's really awesome stuff and was very easy to lay. I did our dining room and the masterbathroom by myself. Charles did help me lift the toilet back into place when I was done in the bathroom, but that was about all the help I had. I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. The floor totally looks like wood. I was a little concerned about how it would wear, especially with dining chairs scooting across it. At our last two apartments, the dining chairs made grooves in the linoleum. But this stuff actually feels like wood underneath us. The chairs slide smoothly and ther are no worries. I'm thrilled with it and heartily recommend it. We opted for the wood look, but they also have ones that look like stone tiles.

I made freezer jam this weekend. I was making strawberry jam and then I had enough strawberries left for about half a batch and I had some blueberries that needed to be used, so I pureed them and between the two kinds of berries had enough for another batch. The mixed berry stuff actually turned out better than the plain strawberry in my opinion. I love freezer jam. It is soooo yummy. It's easy, fast, and tastes like fresh fruit. I made a yellow cake yesterday and I spooned some of the jam over the top of it when I ate it. Ooooooh, man! It was delicious!
I just found my camera and my USB cable at the same time and discovered that I had about 6 months worth of pictures on my camera! Perhaps I'll post some.





2 comments:
I like your floors. We have a bunch of boxes of laminate in our basement that I bought quite a few months ago. Hopefully, John will lay it for me this winter.
Good luck with that. I bet you could do it yourself, though.
Post a Comment