My youngest brother, Jacob, got married January 23rd. And the eldest of my three brothers, who is still younger than I am, got married this past weekend. I am very happy to say that I really like both of my new sisters-in-law and am pleased that they are now part of the family.
At the end of January, Ruby came down with a pretty bad fever for several days. Then she seemed like she was getting better and then got worse again. I took her to the doctor and it turned out she had a double ear infection. Just as she was starting to feel better from that, I came down with the fever and was sick for several days. I am happy to report that we are all currently healthy, although Ruby has come down with another ear infection in the mean time. She's winding down her antibiotic regimen now.
We recently figured out that we need more money. (Who doesn't these days?) So, in an effort to remedy that situation, I have taken to working more. I've been working Saturdays for about 2 years, but I recently started going in a couple of mornings a week while Ruby is at school. This has been made possible by my very good friend Sara, who is babysitting Russell while I work. We're doing a swap where she babysits Russell and I either babysit her kids or do sewing projects for her. We've also been having her and her kids over to do laundry since their washing machine broke. It's been working out well and the kids are loving all the play dates. It's really good for Russell to be able to play with another boy. I think he's really been getting bored being home with just me. It's been sort of an adjustment for me, though, because now I have to really pay attention to when I get things done since I'm now busy in the time I used to set aside for stuff like paying bills, etc. I don't know how moms who work full time do it.
(photo from Sara)
I took Russell in this month for his Kindergarten physical and immunizations. It went pretty well until it was time for the shots. It's a good thing he's still small enough for me to physically restrain. He does need to go have a follow-up appointment with an optometrist, though. His vision is only 20/40 and one of his eyes kind of turns inward when he's focusing hard on something.
We were very happy that Happy Hollow re-opened this past week. Russell and I went to the members preview last week and had a great time. I anticipate many fun-filled days will be spent there in the near future.
I've been very happy that the weather has FINALLY turned nice. I went out last week and did a lot of weeding and cleaned up the yard. Now if I can just finish up the last details on our new shed we built last fall--I couldn't paint while it was raining. Then I can move our old shed over to my brother's house and get the yard situated the way I want to and start planting some things. I think a lot of what I want to do will have to wait until next year, just because of the cost, but I can get started on some of it now. I'm always itching to get out and dig in the dirt and plant things come spring. And now that I've actually got a yard, I'm really excited to do it. First on the list of things to plant are tomatoes and strawberries. YUM!
My Mom has finally decided to make her move to Utah official and I'll be helping her move her things in a couple weeks. After that, maybe I'll have some time to breathe before school gets out for the summer. Then again, maybe not. I realized today that there's only a little over 2 months left of this school year. It seems like school just started. How can it be almost over already?






1 comment:
Love the pics of your bros. Their wives are super cute. Anyway sounds like you guys are busy as usual. I guess thats just life, seems like we are always sick or busy. Anyway miss ya, love ya, and keep on posting!
Post a Comment