Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sorry I'm so lame...

Do you ever have times when it seems like all your responsibilities and major events happen at once? That's about what the last month has been like. So, sorry I haven't posted for a long time. Here's a bit of what's been happening.

Ruby is in a PIE class. PIE stands for Parents Involved in Education or something like that. Anyway, in order to be in the class, each family commits to work four hours per month either helping out in the classroom or doing various other things to help the school. I am the PIE coordinator for her class. That means I am in charge of collecting all the forms from parents, putting together the class directory, schedules, etc. and keeping parents informed of things that need to be done, etc. Most of the work involved in this position happens at the beginning of the year, so I've been kind of swamped with that. Part of being in the PIE class is that you also have to attend an orientation meeting at the beginning of the year. Well, our PIE meeting was the night before the exterminator was supposed to come last month. On the way home I stopped and picked up some fast food for dinner. Well, I woke up the next morning with food poisoning. It was a mild case, but enough to make me unable to empty out my kitchen and then leave the apartment for several hours. So, I ended up having to cancel that appointment and they were supposed to reschedule. Well our manager was awful, and took forever rescheduling. Then we got new managers and they didn't know anything about my "pest problem" so I had to get them to schedule it. They ended up not coming until last week. More on that later.

In the meantime, we've also been doing some stuff for Prop. 8 here, I've been making the class directory and stuff and trying to track down parents who didn't turn stuff in, celebrating family birthdays, etc. And I've also had a bunch of stuff to do for church. I'm really hoping things will calm down soon. I did finally get around to giving Russell a haircut, too. His head doesn't look like a giant dandelion anymore.

One of the things we've also done this past month is sell Charles' car, so there were a few days tied up with things related to that. Luckily, it sold really quickly, so it wasn't too much of an ordeal. We're now officially a one car family. It's actually working out just fine for us, too.

To be continued......

3 comments:

Dave, Lisa, Summer and Jace said...

Yea I'm glad you updated again. You know, gives me something to do at 3 a.m.

Sara said...

You've been busy! How are you doing weithout a car? Who gets the car during the day?

Natalie said...

You've been tagged!